The UK Organ Donation and Transplantation Research Network (UKODTRN) is an all-organ collaboration between patients, families, clinicians, scientists, researchers and other professionals and members of the public with an interest in organ donation and transplantation. The Network is supported by Kidney Research UK, the British Transplantation Society and NHS Blood and Transplant.
UKODTRN is looking for two volunteers to help us with maintaining and updating content on the new website and social media platforms.
What does the role involve?
- Searching online for news stories, funding opportunities, events and research to publicise on the website
- Writing and publishing content using the WordPress website (full training provided)
- Removing out of date content; checking links are working
- Posting and re-tweeting on the Twitter account (full training provided)
- Contributing ideas for the future development of the Network’s website, social media and other communication platforms
- If you can take photos suitable to be used on the website or social media, that would be great too!
Where and when can the role be done?
This role can be done from home with full remote support from the UKODTRN project manager, who is an employee of Kidney Research UK.
The tasks involved will take a total of 2-3 hours per week, which could be split between two volunteers, and can be carried out at any time of day.
Is this role for you?
- We are looking for people with strong literacy skills, able to write and summarise content in Plain English, with high levels of accuracy.
- You should be comfortable using the internet and carrying out searches.
- You should have access to a laptop/desktop computer, and internet access.
- We are looking for people with an interest in the area of organ donation or transplantation, regardless of personal experience.
- This role would be ideal for somebody looking to develop digital, communication and organisational skills and add to their CV, whilst also being part of important efforts to improve the future of transplantation.
- You do not need an academic or scientific background to apply for this role.
How will we help you in the role?
- You will receive a welcome call with our volunteer manager and an induction about the work of the UKODTRN.
- We will provide you with training on website maintenance and using Twitter in a professional context.
How to apply
If you think this is the role for you or you would like more information, please express interest to our volunteer programme manager by emailing [email protected]