What does the research network volunteer role involve?
- Reviewing and commenting on research applications using an approved scoring criterion provided by Kidney Research UK
- Assessing the level of patient involvement in the planning and delivery of the proposed research
- Helping to ensure the applications we receive provide a clear explanation of how the research and its potential findings will hypothetically affect patients upon completion
- Feeding back your comments on the applications to Kidney Research UK through an online tool.
Where and when can the role be done?
This role can be done from home with full remote support from a member of Kidney Research UK staff.
We will never overload you with applications and will discuss each one with you before it is sent for review to ensure you're conformable with the work and have enough time.
Is this role for you?
- We are looking for people with experience of kidney disease, whether you are a patient or a carer/family member of a patient
- You do not need an academic or scientific background to apply for this role
- If you have friends or family who also have experience of kidney disease, the reviews can be undertaken jointly between you
- You will learn more about the research proposal process at Kidney Research UK
- You will have the chance to influence our future direction of research into kidney disease.
How will we help you in your role?
- You will receive a welcome call with our volunteer manager and an induction about the work of the charity
- We will provide you with training and information on our research proposal processes
- We will provide you with an approved scoring criterion that you will use to review your assigned proposals
- You will be invited to our annual AGM to hear updates about the charity
- You will receive our tri-yearly Update magazine to keep up to date with the charity’s activity and opportunities
- Agreed out-of-pocket expenses, such as travel, will be reimbursed.
How to apply
Email our volunteer programme manager to let them know you are interested in applying for the role.