We are looking for event support for our forthcoming charity golf day to assist the team in delivering a fantastic day for our supporters.
What the role entails:
- Assist the team with event room set up
- Meet and greet / guest registration (sign guests in, providing information about the day)
- Selling ‘on the day’ tickets to guests (e.g. prize draw tickets)
- Out on the golf course supporting the running of some mini event competitions (i.e. Longest drive, nearest the pin, beat the pro).
What qualities and qualifications you need:
- Flexible and willing to help with a variety of tasks
- Reliable and willing to work as part of team
- Outgoing, confident, and friendly. This is a forward-facing role talking to supporters
- Enthusiastic about Kidney Research UK and able to talk about the charity.
We are looking for volunteers that live close to the event venue to keep travel costs down for the charity.
Volunteers must be willing and able to work outdoors on the day and be on your feet for most of the day. Breaks, lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Volunteers will be provided with Kidney Research UK branded T-shirt to wear on the day.
Please note that knowledge of golf is not required.
More information about the event:
This high-value charity golf day event will be raising money for The Andy Cole Fund.
On the day, guests will arrive for registration before playing the 18-hole golf competition. During the day, we will host three mini competitions on set holes around the course as part of our fundraising. Following this, golfers will return to the clubhouse where a post golf dinner will take place with prize giving, 3 course meal, silent auction and after dinner entertainment. Volunteers are not required for this part of the event.
We will host a virtual pre-event volunteer briefing the week prior to the event plus an on the day briefing when you arrive to ensure you feel part of the team and are fully supported in every aspect of your role.
We are looking for volunteers to help between approx. 8.00am and 4.00pm on the event day (28 June 2023).
How to apply
If you think this is the role for you or you would like more information, please express interest to our volunteer programme manager by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org