We are looking for event support for our forthcoming gala day to assist the team in delivering a fantastic evening for our supporters.
What the role entails:
The role could include several of these tasks during the event. Volunteers must be willing to take on all roles and be flexible on the night to take on any of the tasks:
- Meet and greet / guest registration (sign guests in, providing information about the evening)
- Table host (looking after guests at allocated tables, promoting the silent auction, selling prize draw tickets, taking donations and pledge cards)
- Support the silent and live auctions on the night (providing information to guests, taking payments, giving out winning items)
- Entertainment runner. Support the event team in looking after entertainment acts on the night, directing where they need go during evening etc.)
- Usher and direct guests as required during the evening.
- Assist with event set up and clear down.
What qualities and qualifications you need:
- Flexible and willing to help with a variety of tasks
- Reliable and willing to work as part of team
- Outgoing, confident, and friendly. This is a forward-facing role talking to supporters
- Enthusiastic about Kidney Research UK and able to talk about the charity.
We are looking for volunteers that live close to the event venue to keep travel costs down for the charity.
Volunteers will be expected to wear smart evening wear on the night. No uniform will be provided except a Kidney Research UK lanyard.
Volunteers must be willing to be on their feet for most of the evening. Breaks and refreshments will be provided during the evening.
More information about the event:
This high-value charity gala for approx. 250 guests will be raising money for Kidney Research UK.
We will be hosting our The Kidney Research UK Gala on Wednesday 11 October at the beautiful Underglobe in London for a night of luxury food and magical entertainment.
The evening itself will take the form of a traditional black-tie fundraising gala. The night will start with a standing drink’s reception, followed by a seated three course meal with entertainment and speeches taking place at various points throughout the night. The event will feature a silent auction and a live auction to raise money for Kidney Research UK and the evening will end with a DJ/band.
We will host a virtual pre-event volunteer briefing the week prior to the event plus an on the day briefing when you arrive to ensure you feel part of the team and are fully supported in every aspect of your role.
We are looking for volunteers to help between approx. 5.00pm and 11.30pm on the event day but we ask volunteers to be flexible as timings may change slightly on the night.
We will help arrange and reimburse for transport costs to ensure all our volunteers can get home safely on the night.
How to apply
If you think this is the role for you or you would like more information, please express interest to our volunteer programme manager by emailing email@example.com