Join #TeamKidney to drive change for everyone affected by kidney disease.
Become one of our bucket collection and fundraising volunteers and help us to raise awareness and money. So, we can continue to fund vital research. This role is flexible to work around your lifestyle.
In this role you could be...
- Arranging bucket collections
- Contacting your local supermarkets to arrange bucket collections in your local area.
- Being lead volunteer at pre-arranged collections by a member of the community and events team.
- Managing a team of volunteers on the day.
- Banking funds raised at collection.
- Organising fundraisers in your local area
- Whether a cake sale at your place of work or a quiz night at the local village hall.
- Support our events in your area.
- Marshalling an event, helping to with registration on the day
- Attending as representative from Kidney Research UK.
Spreading the word about ways to get involved
Help promote our events. This may include:
- Placing leaflets at your university/college/school/place of work
- Finding opportunities in local press, student and society newsletters, journals and online platforms
- Contacting local businesses to attend events or participate by entering a team(s)
- Attending a local event or challenge hosted by us eg cheer squad team member at a run or cycle event or marshal at one of our Bridges Walks events.
Your skills and experiences
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has experience of kidney disease, either personally or a friend or family member has been affected (not essential)
- Has a keen interest in our work
- Good communication skills
- Has good self-motivation
- Is reliable to accept opportunities when they arise
How will you benefit from the role?
- Develop your communication and leadership skills
- Being part of a team
- Volunteer experience to put on your CV
- Knowing you’re making a difference by raising funds and awareness of kidney disease to people who may be unaware
We will support you by
- Having regular catch ups with your staff contact
- Support from your assigned community and events relationship manager
- Training to support you in your role
- Agreed out of pocket expenses such as travel
How to apply
If you are interested in the role email our volunteer programme manager. We will ring you for an informal chat to discuss your experience and which parts of the role you are interested in, so that we are able to tailor the opportunities we send you. You will then be asked to provide one reference. We cannot wait to chat to you!