Skip to content

Gift Aid is a government scheme that enables charities to reclaim an extra 25% in tax on every eligible donation made by UK taxpayers.

By signing up for Gift Aid, every £1 you donate will allow us to claim back 25p. If you donate £100, you’ll actually be giving £125 to support our research into kidney disease. However you choose to donate and whatever the amount, Gift Aid allows us to raise more money to fund research.

Sign up to Gift Aid

If you are a UK taxpayer, you can sign up to Gift Aid today by filling out a quick and easy online gift aid form. This will enable us to claim tax back from the government on all your future donations, or any you have made in the past four years. There is no cost to you to sign up to Gift Aid. Alternatively,  you can download and fill out Gift Aid form.

If you’d like to know more, visit the HMRC website for a complete guide or read our FAQs.

Gift Aid facts

  • For an individual, Gift Aid rules require the completion of a Gift Aid Declaration Form. We will use this information to claim Gift Aid on a donation.
  • Gift Aid applies only to ‘gifts’. It can be claimed on individual and sponsorship donations that are made. The donation must be your own money and not the proceeds of a collection.
  • By completing a declaration form, we can claim Gift Aid on all your donations in the last 4 years and all future donations.
  • Once you have become a Gift Aid donor, please let us know if you want to cancel the declaration, or if you change your name and address, or no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.
  • If you are a higher-rate tax payer you can also claim additional tax relief. For higher rate tax payers (paying tax at 40%) this works out as 25p for every £1 you donate and for the highest rate tax payers (paying tax at 50%) this works out as 37.5p for every £1 you donate. You can claim this on your self-assessment tax return or by contacting HMRC.

Get in touch

Contact our Supporter Care Team if you have any questions about Gift Aid or you need help completing the form:

0300 303 1100

0300 303 1100

Scroll To Top