Join Kidney Voices for Research
Join our online community for patients interested in research. Hear from our funded researchers, find easy to read summaries of our research and be presented with exciting research opportunities that you can get involved in.
Join our closed Facebook group or sign up to get our the monthly newsletter.
Ways to get involved
Research network volunteer
Find out how you can join our team as a research network volunteer
Help us to raise awareness about kidney disease in your community
Help us ensure our resources are clear and easy to understand and let us know we can make them better
Lay advisory group
Meet the people who help drive and strengthen patient and public involvement.
Patient information days
Apply for a grant of up to £2,000 to support a patient information day. Bring together patients, clinicians, researchers and medical experts to talk about things that really matter.
We're dedicated to helping patients engage with medical professionals, other patients and with research and we're eager to support other groups in doing this.
We support meetings that:
- Engage patients in raising awareness of kidney health
- Have a high level of participation from patients sharing their experiences and views
- Engage patients in debating and learning about research and involvement in research in a meaningful and empowering way
- Raise awareness about kidney disease, improving treatments and ways of influencing change
Download our patient information day guide or email our public and patient involvement manager to find out more: [email protected]
Interested in clinical trials?
Clinical trials aim to find new and improved ways to treat, manage and diagnose conditions, including testing new drugs, new techniques and technologies and improvements to existing treatments.
You can find more information on how to join these below:
- Visit NIHR Be Part of Research for information about clinical trials running in the UK (search for renal or kidney)
- If you live in Scotland, try SHARE an NHS Research Scotland initiative for people interested in participating in health research.
Got a question? Get in touch.
If you have a question or would like to chat about one of our events, the team here at Kidney Research UK are happy to help. Please get in touch.