Kidney MedTech Competition
Our Kidney MedTech Competition aims to accelerate the development and availability of transformational technologies to improve the lives of kidney patients.
We're seeking opportunities that can:
- Improve diagnostics for earlier detection
- Advance the treatment of kidney disease through the use of novel health technologies
- Develop testing devices to help patients to self-monitor and self-manage their health (at home or in the community) in a way that is safe and reliable, which will empower all patients, particularly poorly-served groups of people
- Improve our understanding of kidney disease through better use of health technologies
- Provide an alert to clinicians, supporting prompt decision-making which leads to the appropriate intervention
- Be used easily by those without technology skills
- Improve services for kidney patients, including those with multiple health conditions who experience fragmented care pathways
Examples include: imaging, artificial intelligence approaches, MedTech with associated data, service improvement research incorporating MedTech, diagnostics, apps and wearable devices.
Projects out of scope: Drug discovery research and qualitative research.
The competition process
The Kidney MedTech Competition offers six prizes, worth £30,000, to accelerate research and make research count for patients sooner, through the use of health technologies. Each prize will consist of £25,000 funding and attendance for two representatives, per project, on the ‘academy programme’ (worth £5,000).
The academy programme includes:
- Pioneer – a series of 6 x 1-hour sessions: The practical knowledge and understanding of how to drive forward innovation
- Spark – 1-day workshop: One-day ‘crash course’ in spotting opportunities
- Ignition – 2-day workshop: Business-building bootcamp
- Start up experience – 5-day residential workshop: Immersive experience of life in a startup.
The academy programme will commence in April 2022 and will be completed within six months from the prize being awarded.
Successful applicants will be awarded £12,500 on winning the competition and the balance of £12,500 on completion of the academy programme.
How to apply:
The lead researcher must be UK based.
Please download this application form to apply.
To submit your proposal, visit the In-Part website, register, and submit as a Research Project under the appropriate Discover campaign.
Deadline: 11:59pm GMT, 7 January 2022
Have any questions?
Contact our team at [email protected]