Transforming Dialysis Competition
Accelerating the development and availability of transformational innovations to improve the lives of kidney patients receiving haemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis.
We're seeking to fund projects that will:
- Advance the equipment, monitoring and access for dialysis patients
- Address the symptoms and the harmful side effects of dialysis
- Support dialysis patients to self-monitor and self-manage their physical or mental health in a safe and reliable way
- Provide new interventions to improve shared decision-making for patients, carers and health professionals
- Demonstrate potential cost benefits or cost reduction associated with dialysis
Projects out of scope: Drug discovery research and qualitative research.
The competition process
The Dialysis Competition offers six awards, worth £30,000 each, to transform dialysis for kidney patients.
Each successful applicant will receive £25,000 to progress their innovation, and attendance for two representatives at an ‘academy programme’ worth £5,000.
The academy programme has been designed to introduce the process of commercialisation to research scientists, developers and engineers in an accessible way within an enjoyable and supportive team-based environment.
The academy programme will commence in Spring 2023 and comprises online and face-to-face training sessions.
How to apply:
Applications are welcome from research scientists, developers and engineers who are funded by organisations, institutes and SMEs. The lead applicant must be UK based.
To submit your proposal, visit discover.in-part.com, register, and submit as a research project under the appropriate Discover campaign.
For more information or if you have any questions, get in touch with our programme manager: