Transforming Dialysis Competition
Accelerating the development and availability of transformational innovations to improve the lives of kidney patients receiving haemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis.
We're seeking to fund projects that will:
- Advance the equipment, monitoring and access for dialysis patients
- Address the symptoms and the harmful side effects of dialysis
- Support dialysis patients to self-monitor and self-manage their physical or mental health in a safe and reliable way
- Provide new interventions to improve shared decision-making for patients, carers and health professionals
- Demonstrate potential cost benefits or cost reduction associated with dialysis
Projects out of scope: Drug discovery research and qualitative research.
The competition process
The Dialysis Competition offers six awards, worth £30,000 each, to transform dialysis for kidney patients.
Each successful applicant will receive £25,000 to progress their innovation, and attendance for two representatives at an ‘academy programme’ worth £5,000.
The academy programme has been designed to introduce the process of commercialisation to research scientists, developers and engineers in an accessible way within an enjoyable and supportive team-based environment.
The academy programme will commence in Spring 2023 and comprises online and face-to-face training sessions.
How to apply:
Applications are welcome from research scientists, developers and engineers who are funded by organisations, institutes and SMEs. The lead applicant must be UK based.
Full details on eligibility are included in the essential information document. Please download the application form to apply.
To submit your proposal, visit discover.in-part.com, register, and submit as a research project under the appropriate Discover campaign.
Got a question? Get in touch.
For more information or if you have any questions, get in touch with our programme manager: