#MyBridgesChallenge social media toolkit
By taking part in the #MyBridgesChallenge you're helping us to raise vital funds to bridge the gap between kidney disease and a cure. Together, we can #KeepResearchGoing.
Spread the word
Follow us and join in the conversation
Social media is a great way to let people know what challenge you are taking on and how they can sponsor you. First things first, make sure you follow Kidney Research UK on the following platforms using the links below:
Items to share with your friends/networks
Download the images below, share on your social media channels and shout about your challenge and fundraising page
Facebook and Instagram images
Social media messages
Here are some simple posts to help tell people why you're fundraising, what their generous donations will mean for people affected by kidney disease and how they can get involved too.
Copy and paste any of the messages below and start sharing on your social media profiles, via email and on WhatsApp, along with a link to your fundraising page. We know you’ll smash your target in no time.
Every single post could lead to more donations and help more people living with kidney disease in the UK.
- Kidney disease is a silent killer. There are 3 million people in the UK with it right now. Kidney Research UK is doing everything they can to find a cure, but they need our help. That’s why I’m doing the #MyBridgesChallenge to raise vital funds to #KeepResearchGoing. Please support me by making a donation on my page (add your fundraising page link)
- (Weeks/months until the challenge) on 6 September, to raise money for Kidney Research UK. Your donations will help #KeepResearchGoing, please support me by donating here (add your fundraising page link)
- There’s still plenty of time to donate to my fundraising page! Pounds or pennies, it’ll all help me achieve my fundraising goal and ensure Kidney Research UK can be there for the thousands of people living with kidney disease in the UK. You can sponsor me here: (add your fundraising page link)
- Thank you (supporters name)for kindly sponsoring me! By donating to Kidney Research UK you’ve done something truly amazing for the thousands of people affected by kidney disease in the UK. I hugely appreciate your very support. (add your fundraising page link).
- share your fundraising page link on your Facebook page
- like and share any posts about the #MyBridgesChallenge from Kidney Research UK
- update your status regularly with your fundraising page link and what you are doing to raise money for Kidney Research UK.
- ask your friends to like your status as it means it will show on their Facebook page
- ask your sponsors to share on Facebook after they have made a donation to you
- pin your posts by clicking on the pencil icon at the top right of your latest post and it will stay at the top of your feed
- if you are training for your challenge remember to share photos and videos of you in your Kidney Research UK T shirt and tag us in the picture so we can share it too.
- There are 3 million people in the UK with kidney disease right now. That’s why I’m doing the #MyBridgesChallenge in aid of @Kidney_Research. Please support me by making a donation on my page (add your fundraising page link) #TeamKidney
- (weeks/months until the challenge) today I’ll be doing the #MyBridgesChallenge in aid of @KidneyResearch. Your donations will help #KeepResearchGoing. Please support me by donating here (add your fundraising page link)
- I’m taking on the #MyBridgesChallenge to raise money for @Kidney_Research on 6 September 2020. Why not join me & get involved? Sign up here #TeamKidney #KeepResearchGoing
- I’ll be (enter your challenge) to raise money for @Kidey_Research on 6 September 2020. Please donate to my #MyBridgesChallenge (add your fundraising page link) #TeamKidney #KeepResearchGoing
- There’s still time to donate to my fundraising page & help ensure @Kidney_Research can be there for the thousands of people living with kidney disease in the UK. Please sponsor me here: (add fundraising page link) #MyBridgesChallenge #TeamKidney #KeepResearchGoing.
- follow @Kidney_Research and like and share any posts about the #MyBridgesChallenge
- share the link to your online fundraising page with your followers
- ask your followers to share/retweet (RT) so it’s seen by their followers too
- on Twitter, why not tweet your local radio station, newspaper or celebrities and ask them to retweet so it’s seen by their followers
- use our hashtags (# symbol) #MyBridgesChallenge, #TeamKidney
- ask your sponsors to click share after they have donated to your online fundraising page
- if you are training for your challenge remember to share photos and videos of you in your Kidney Research UK T shirt, tag us and use the hashtag #MyBridgesChallenge so we can share it too.
Check out the social posts that your fellow #MyBridgesChallenge participants are posting
Thank you for taking part in #MyBridgesChallenge...
and raising money to fund research. The work we do is only possible with people like you supporting us.
If you have any questions or comments about #MyBridgesChallenge please get in touch at [email protected]