Welcome community ambassadors!
This page has lots of tools and tips to support you in your volunteering. The information provided is for you to share as much as you can in whatever way you feel most comfortable. Once you’ve decided how and where you’d like to use some materials, please let us know, it's lovely hearing what you’re up to.
We're here to answer any questions, have a catch up or send any extra bits you might need that we’ve not included, so feel free to get in touch.
- Work through/refer to your induction
- If you haven’t already, start talking to friends, family, neighbours, colleagues about the charity and encourage others to get involved
- Share that you're a volunteer on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/LinkedIn ‘I've just become a volunteer community ambassador for Kidney Research UK’
- Ask your employer if they would display posters on staff notice boards/toilet doors etc.
- Distribute leaflets/posters to local GP surgeries
- Ask supermarkets about the tokens scheme and ask what the process is to nominate a charity and suggest Kidney Research UK.
- Raise awareness by sharing your story (if you have one) with local newspapers and news sites
- Attend local events - have a stand, hand out leaflets, talk to people, you can also do a tombola or fete games to raise funds if you wish
- Attend cheque presentations - thank the school/business/organisation/individual for their fundraising, maybe give a presentation and give them a thank you certificate.
- Spread the word by giving talks and presentations at community group meetings, schools, universities etc, but only if you are happy to do so
- Share your story with TV programmes or radio stations.
Community ambassador meeting
Watch the recording of our most recent virtual community ambassador meeting.
Or visit our private You Tube playlist to catch up on past meetings.
What do your kidneys do?
Take a look at our useful animation about the kidneys explaining what they are and about kidney disease.
You can use it in any way you choose. Include the video in your own presentation when you're out raising awareness of kidney disease or simply pick up some handy tips on our how we talk about the kidneys and what they do.
Take a look at the range of resources we have available for you to download and support you in your role as a community ambassador.
From a presentation to use for your own talks in the community, a press release template and posters and booklets.
If you have a question or would like to chat about one of our events, the team here at Kidney Research UK are happy to help. Please get in touch.