Welcome community ambassadors!
This page has lots of tools and tips to support you in your volunteering. The information provided is for you to share as much as you can in whatever way you feel most comfortable. Once you’ve decided how and where you’d like to use some materials, please let us know, it's lovely hearing what you’re up to.
We're here to answer any questions, have a catch up or send any extra bits you might need that we’ve not included, so feel free to get in touch.
- Work through/refer to your induction
- If you haven’t already, start talking to friends, family, neighbours, colleagues about the charity and encourage others to get involved
- Share that you're a volunteer on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/LinkedIn ‘I've just become a volunteer community ambassador for Kidney Research UK’
- Ask your employer if they would display posters on staff notice boards/toilet doors etc.
- Distribute leaflets/posters to local GP surgeries
- Ask supermarkets about the tokens scheme and ask what the process is to nominate a charity and suggest Kidney Research UK.
- Raise awareness by sharing your story (if you have one) with local newspapers and news sites
- Attend local events - have a stand, hand out leaflets, talk to people, you can also do a tombola or fete games to raise funds if you wish
- Attend cheque presentations - thank the school/business/organisation/individual for their fundraising, maybe give a presentation and give them a thank you certificate.
- Spread the word by giving talks and presentations at community group meetings, schools, universities etc, but only if you are happy to do so
- Share your story with TV programmes or radio stations.
To use when delivering your own kidney talk. Read through each slide carefully as there are sections for you to edit yourself to tell your story and adapt the end of your talk to your audience. Please discuss your plans with us before doing a talk.
Download our branded background to use on your Teams meetings or use our logo on your email signature alongside your volunteering title.
Use our press template to spread the word. Please share it with us before you send it out to your local press office.
The statistics that drive our story. Key facts and figures about kidney disease.
Get Kidney Fit
A helpful guide to your kidneys, and how to look after them.
Download or ask for hard copies and we can post them to you.
Kidney health poster
Use to help raise awareness of kidney health. Let us know where you'll be using the poster and if you need any copies printing.
Take a wee look
A leaflet about kidney disease, what it is, its symptoms and ways to spot if you are at risk.
A poster to promote our Update magazine and for supporters to sign up to receive it.
What are your kidneys and what do they do?
Take a look at our useful information booklet about the kidneys explaining what they are and about kidney disease.
You can use it in any way you choose. Include the video in your own presentation when you're out raising awareness of kidney disease or simply pick up some handy tips on our how we talk about the kidneys and what they do.
World Kidney Day
A short film to explain how the kidneys work for children.
Beanie colouring sheet
Resources to help educate students about blood, organ and stem cell donation.
Community ambassador meeting
Watch the recording of our most recent virtual community ambassador meeting.
Or visit our private You Tube playlist to catch up on past meetings.
If you have a question or would like to chat about one of our events, the team here at Kidney Research UK are happy to help. Please get in touch.