Would you like to lead and shape the work of this Clinical Study Group? Professor Sunil Bhandari is due to step down as interim chair of the Anaemia Clinical Study Group and applications are now invited to fill the position of chair.
The chair will lead a dynamic and responsive group of clinicians, allied healthcare professionals and scientists from across the UK, who are all actively involved in research. The CSGs are tasked with developing new research ideas and working these into high quality funding applications, leveraging a range of expertise from within the CSG and from the networks that support multicentre collaboration.
As chair you will be responsible for:
- leading the group
- organising meetings (with support from Kidney Research UK)
- encouraging new members (from all relevant specialties, trainees and PPI members)
- encouraging trainee engagement and development
- publicising the work of the CSG
- reporting to the UK Kidney Research Consortium.
As agreed in the terms of reference for the UK Kidney Research Consortium, the term of office for chairs is four years. At the end of the third year, a chair-elect will be appointed to allow adequate hand-over during the fourth year. The appointment of co-chairs is also encouraged.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, there are some additional criteria to fulfil the requirements of this role:
- Involvement in current research activity and interest in Anaemia
- Prior experience in leading groups
- Collaborative outlook
- Good communication and networking skills
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Strong individual research track record (publications, grants)
Please send a short CV and covering letter to [email protected].