Our objectives for 2022/23
This year we will build on existing partnerships and create new ones across the kidney community and beyond. We will maximise all opportunities to increase the pace and impact of positive change on kidney health. We will focus our increased investment in research, awareness raising and sustainable income generation
- Increase our research spend across all areas including new competitions. Spend £9.6m on charitable activities.
- Drive innovation and collaboration in our priority research areas: transforming treatments, multiple health conditions and health inequalities.
- Develop the plan to fulfil the potential of the NURTuRE biobank. Add to this resource by supporting further development e.g. new AKI biobank.
Make it count
- Raise awareness of kidney disease and kidney research among parliamentarians. Gain greater support for research funding from government bodies and the NHS.
- Establish a programme that will make a step change in enabling researchers to make every one of their discoveries count.
- Launch a health economics report on the cost of kidney disease to highlight the need to accelerate improvements and bring about change.
Rally together for change
- Raise £11.68m.
- Continue to build #TeamKidney by attracting more people to support our cause, including supporters, patient advocates and volunteers.
- Develop relationships with key partners to support our goal to prevent kidney disease.
- Increase awareness raising activity to people at higher risk of kidney disease.
Strive for excellence
- Take the next steps in our digital transformation including upgrading our finance and supporter data management systems to improve efficiency.
- Review, streamline and simplify our processes so it is easier for researchers to apply for funding.
- Develop our financial strategy to ensure financial sustainability for the future.
- Continue the development of our governance, people and culture
Get our e-newsletter
Stay up to date with our kidney research news, events and ways to get involved.