In the coming year we will get all our activities affected by the Covid-19 crisis back on track, as rapidly as possible. We will drive progress against our strategic priorities, using what we learned in the extraordinary past year where it can help us to work smarter. Here we summarise what we want to achieve in year ahead.
- We will get our research grant funding programme back up and running for new grants as well as leveraging further funding through partnerships.
- We aim to invest £7m in our charitable activities.
- We will launch our research strategy.
- We will welcome and encourage innovative research ideas to address key kidney challenges.
- We will support research networks aligned with our strategic priorities that stimulate innovation and collaboration.
- We will work with others to fund and respond to research that protects those living with kidney disease from the effects of Covid-19.
Rally together for change
- We will raise £9 million, and develop a strategy that harnesses innovation to return to, and exceed, pre-Covid-19 annual income.
- We will continue to embed patient involvement across everything we do and ensure the voices of those impacted by kidney disease are heard where it matters.
- We will reach new priority audiences and raise awareness of kidney health and the realities of living with kidney disease, inspiring people to take action.
Make it count
- We will work with researchers to drive their discoveries beyond data to create positive change for patients.
- We will expand our capacity within the charity to draw on research evidence and advocate for transformations to patient care.
Strive for excellence
- We will ‘build back better’. We will apply the lessons we learnt from working during the pandemic particularly in making best use of digital spaces, opportunities and technologies – as we continue to transform the charity to deliver on our strategy.
Get our e-newsletter
Stay up to date with our kidney research news, events and ways to get involved.