What’s next – addressing Covid concerns
With restrictions lifting in England and relaxing in the devolved nations, we recognise that many of our supporters will be understandably concerned about the months ahead.
Clear information for patients
We know that when people are scared and concerned it can sometimes be hard to know what information to trust – especially when the news seems to change every day. That’s why we are working together with the UK Kidney Association, Kidney Care UK, Kidney Wales, the National Kidney Federation and The PKD Charity as the Kidney Charities Together Group to help provide you with simple and clear advice to help you stay safe.
We will be sharing advice across our social media channels over the weeks ahead and we are here to support you.
Steps you can take to reduce the risk of catching or spreading Covid-19
- Get fully vaccinated – two doses are better than one
- Have a booster dose if it is offered – three doses should be better still
- Ensure everyone in your household is vaccinated
- Keep up with social distancing – it is effective
- Meet outside or in well-ventilated areas
- Continue to wear a mask – this works too
- Encourage those around you to wear masks and respect your personal space.
The good news is, research studies into protecting patients from Covid-19 are making good progress. We’re bringing you news about this work as and when papers are published and it is available. Keep checking our website for details.