Calling cyclists and wheely great supporters everywhere to take part in the PRUDENTIAL RIDELONDON!
The first ever virtual edition of Prudential RideLondon – the world’s greatest festival of cycling – will take place on 15 and 16 August to celebrate cycling and raise funds to help save the UK’s charities.
It’s open to anyone on wheels and you don’t even need to be anywhere near London! Take part in this free event to help us transform transplants and improve mental health and wellbeing for kidney patients through research funded by the Andy Cole Fund.
Set your goal and #RideForCole
Anything (on wheels) goes, with My Prudential RideLondon! There are four challenges for all ages and abilities that participants can do on a route of their choice, wherever they are in the world, on either 15 or 16 August:
- My Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100: 100-mile ride
- My Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 46: 46-mile ride
- My Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 19: 19-mile ride
- My Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle: Set your own challenge (starting from 1km) on the wheels of your choice: bikes, push scooters, skateboards, trikes, balance bikes, roller skates, wheelchairs or anything that is self-propelled (e-bikes are fine too).
Legendary footballer Andy Cole says…
“Getting out on my bike has been a revelation. I didn’t used to be a cyclist but I’m trying lots of new things to keep my fitness up since having a kidney transplant and particularly since lockdown.
“It’s been really tough since I was diagnosed and I know I’m not alone – we need research to help make life better for kidney patients. So please, if you can, get out on your wheels and raise money for the Andy Cole Fund.”
How you can take part
Once signed up, you will be able to download the new My Prudential RideLondon app in event week. This will give you a unique ride day experience, including:
- A GPS function that enables friends and family to follow your progress on the virtual Prudential RideLondon route
- Creation of a personalised Prudential RideLondon certificate that shows your completed route and ride time
- Selfie frames to give you personalised Prudential RideLondon finisher photographs
- Direct donation button through to your Virgin Money Giving fundraising page
In addition, every rider aged over 18 who registers will have the option of being entered into a fantastic competition that has 25 top-quality prizes available including a brand new Brompton Bicycle valued at more than £1,000, a HIGH5 nutrition bundle worth £250 and top-of-the-range cycling equipment including a SRAM groupset and Zipp wheels. What are you waiting for?
Get our e-newsletter
Stay up to date with our kidney research news, events and ways to get involved.