Terms and conditions
Thank you for visiting our website accessible at http://www.kidneyresearchuk.org/ (Website). These Terms and Conditions apply to:
- your use of this Website, including the uploading of Content (as defined below) onto it;
- any and all material which you upload to this Website, including all images, photographs, videos, files and other content (Content); and
- any interactive services available on this Website.
These Terms and Conditions create a legally binding agreement between Kidney Research UK (the Charity) and the individual (You) who intends to use this Website. By using this Website or uploading any Content, you confirm that You understand and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
By uploading Content onto the Website You agree, understand and/or confirm that:
- You grant the Charity free of any charge, an unrestricted and unlimited non-exclusive licence to display, use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and/or sub-license that Content;
- the Charity can make the Content available to its staff, including volunteers or contracted staff, the public, corporate partners and/or third party organisations (including other charitable organisations) working with the Charity in whole or any part via an electronic information storage or retrieval system such as a photo library now in existence or invented after this date or by means of electronic or data transmission (i.e. email). The Charity will also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any Content uploaded by You constitutes a violation of their rights, including their intellectual property or privacy;
- the Charity can use the Content in connection with the Charity’s various activities and charitable purposes such its publications, presentations, talk/event materials, websites or marketing materials, products and national/local press for publicity promotion and/or campaign purposes;
- the Content You upload is your own original work (and that you have all necessary rights to provide the Content to the Charity upon these Terms and Conditions), is not defamatory and does not infringe any English law or the law of any country from which the Content is uploaded and that You have the consent of any persons who are identifiable in your Content and if those persons are under 18 You have the consent of their parent or guardian;
- the Content You upload is not obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory, does not promote violence or discrimination based on race, sex, religion nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or is not likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- You will not hold the Charity liable for any damage caused by the use or inability to use the Content and from any claims concerning the recording, upload, publishing or use of the Content that have been breached by You. You are responsible for any challenges from a third party concerning copyright or other intellectual property ownership relating to the Content; and
- the Content does not contain computer damaging material, such as virus and the like and You understand that the Charity cannot provide insurance or financial cover in any event for loss or damage of any Content provided to it.
The Charity, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse any Content and to remove any Content at any time from the Website. Please do not upload any Content for which You do not own the copyright.
Commentary and other materials posted on this Website do not amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. The Charity disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by You or anyone to whom you provide the same. Material displayed on this Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
The Charity will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Accessing this Website
Access to this Website is permitted on a temporary basis and the Charity reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service provided on some or all parts of this Website without notice. If You choose, or You are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of this Website’s security procedures, You must treat such information as confidential, and You must not disclose it to any third party. The Charity has the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by You or allocated by the Charity, at any time, if in the opinion of the Charity You have failed to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions.
Information about You
The Charity is the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights on or relating to this Website and in the material published on it and no licence in respect of any such rights is granted to You save as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions. All materials published on this Website are protected by laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from this Website for your personal reference only but You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials You have printed off or downloaded in any way, and You must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
The status of the Charity (and that of any identified contributors) as the author of material on this Website must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the materials on this Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from the Charity or its licensors, as relevant. If You print off, copy or download any part of this Website in breach of these Terms and Conditions, your right to use this Website will cease immediately and You must, at the option of Kidney Research UK, return or destroy any copies of the materials You have made.
Viruses, Hacking and other Offences
You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, You would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. The Charity will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
The Charity may from time to time provide interactive services on this Website, including bulletin boards and chat rooms. Where any interactive services are provided, the Charity will provide information about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). However, the Charity is under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service provided on this Website, and it expressly excludes any liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any such service, whether moderated or not. The use of any interactive services on this Website by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. The Charity advises parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online. You will use any such services responsibly and in accordance with applicable law.
Links From this Website
Where this Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. The Charity has no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction And Applicable Law
The English courts have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to this Website although the Charity retains the right to bring proceedings against You for breach of these Terms and Conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country. These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England.
The Charity may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes made, as they are binding on You. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on this Website.
If You have any concerns about any material appearing on this Website, please contact us at email@example.com.